The Cradlepoint COR IBR900 Series router is a ruggedized Gigabit-Class LTE networking platform that is designed for persistent connectivity across a wide range of in-vehicle applications, including first responders, service and delivery vans, taxi and limo fleets, and nearshore vessels.
Cradlepoint IBR900 Features & Benefits
With the available Gigabit-Class LTE modem, optional second modem, Wave 2 dual-band, and dual-concurrent Gigabit WiFi, the IBR900 provides reliable 24×7 connectivity for employees and devices, both inside and outside the vehicle. Mobile networks require strong security for various implementations including on-board public WiFi and cloud application access. Offering multi-zone firewalls, IDS/IPS, Internet security, and FIPS 140-2 certification, Cradlepoint mitigates security risks for mobile networks and users.
- Capable of 1 Gbps download speeds / 150 Mbps upload speeds*
- Gigabit-Class LTE Advanced Pro modem available
- Second modem & optional Extensibility Dock available with Cradlepoint’s platform extensibility
- Mobile SD-WAN for better coverage & connectivity
- Wave 2 dual-band, dual-concurrent Gigabit WiFi for multiple device connectivity
- Ruggedized for vehicles in challenging environments (vibration, shock, dust, splash, and humidity)
- Unified edge security including multi-zone firewalls, IDS/IPS & Internet security
- FIPS 140-2 Inside versions available
- Elastic Wideband technology for exceptional cellular connectivity
- Certified on multiple public safety networks
- Gigabit WiFi & Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Supports Extensibility Platform (including COR Extensibility Dock)
- Ignition sensing
- Active GPS support
Increase Network Availability with NetCloud
- Multi-carrier 3G/4G LTE support with dual-SIM capability
- Supports Ethernet (T1, DSL, Cable, MetroE), WiFi as WAN, and Metro WiFi
- Dual-modem capability for failover or load balancing
- Ruggedized to ensure always-on connectivity
- Monitor uptime with real-time alerts
Deploy & Scale Quickly
- Increase speed to deployment with “zero-touch” configuration
- Configure, manage, troubleshoot remotely with NetCloud Manager
- Create a virtual cloud network in minutes with NetCloud Perimeter
Secure & Protect
- Advanced security, VPN, and a stateful firewall to protect sensitive data
- Designed for PCI compliant network architectures
- Cloud-managed security and content filtering (CIPA compliant)
Extend & Customize
- Extensibility Dock: add a second modem, FirstNet modem, or custom sensor or radio module
- Router SDK: Support unique applications with custom scripts running on the router
- NCM API: Utilize router data while maintaining single-pane-of-glass network management
|WiFi||Dual-band, dual-concurrent WiFi; 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2|
|Carriers Supported||Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, FirstNet (1200M-B) / All North American Carriers** (600M)|
|Cloud Managed||Yes, with NetCloud Manager|
|LTE Category||CAT18 (1200M-B) / CAT12 (600M)|
|LTE Details||Embedded 600 Mbps or 1 Gbps LTE Advanced Pro modem & DC-HSPA+ fallback*|
|Ruggedized||Yes, IP54, shock/vibration/humidity MIL STD 810G & SAEJ1455|
|Ignition Sensing||Automatic ON & time-delay OFF|
|OBD-II Support||Yes, with COR Extensibility Cable & OBD-II Adapter Kit|
|GPS/GNSS||Yes, active GPS|
|Material||Black Metal Housing|
|Size||4.6 × 4.5 × 1.2 in (118 × 113.5 × 29.3 mm)|
|Weight||14 oz (400 g)|
|Operating Temperature||-30° C to 70° C (-22° F to 158° F)|
|Input Range||9-33 VDC|
|Support||Phone support: 24-hour weekdays with emergency response on weekends, Web: 24×7, Chat: 24×5|
|Ports||2 LAN/WAN switchable 10/100/1000|
|Modem Included||IBR900-1200M-B ships with an embedded LTE Advanced Pro 1 Gbps 4G LTE modem, IBR900-600M ships with an embedded LTE Advanced 600 Mbps 4G LTE modem|
|Dual-Modem Capable||Yes, with COR Extensibility Dock|
*Theoretical maximum modem speed on 1200M-B version.
**Cradlepoint modems feature Auto-Carrier Selection. Region and carrier support is modem specific.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Cradlepoint IBR900 Model Options
We offer two distinct models of the Cradlepoint COR IBR900 that provide unique advantages depending on your needs. Learn more about the details of both options below.
Cradlepoint COR IBR900-1200M-B
The 1200M-B version of the Cradlepoint IBR900 offers faster overall LTE speeds (it’s capable of 1 Gbps download, 150 Mbps upload) than the 600M version. Note that the 1200M-B model is not carrier-agnostic; it is only compatible with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and FirstNet networks.
Cradlepoint COR IBR900-600M
The 600M version of the Cradlepoint IBR900 offers support for all carriers (it is carrier agnostic). Its top speeds are 600 Mbps download and 75 Mbps upload.
Cradlepoint NetCloud Essentials for Mobile Packages
Quickly deploy, manage, and monitor your network through a single pane of glass with the Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager. Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed locations with NetCloud Manager, the network management component within the Cradlepoint NetCloud Service. Improving productivity, reducing costs, and enhancing the intelligence of your network and business operations is simplified with an ongoing subscription to the NetCloud Service, which continues to deliver benefits and features for your ever-changing network.
All Cradlepoint LTE equipment is sold in all-inclusive NetCloud Essentials Packages for mobile networks, which includes NetCloud Essentials software, the LTE Router, 24×7 support, and limited lifetime warranty. NetCloud Manager Packages come in 1, 3, and 5-year options (with greater savings on the 3 and 5-year packages) and feature:
- Cloud Configuration
- Visibility / Analytics
- Real-time Diagnostics / Troubleshooting
- Alerts / Reports
- Extensibility / Integration
- Out-of-Band Management / Remote Connect
- Location Services
Other NetCloud Manager Benefits
- Zero-Touch Deployment: Remotely deploy & manage all the devices on your network with no user intervention
- Simplified Management & Orchestration: Monitor device status in real-time, set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G/LTE data usage & network uptime
- Instant Insights: Always connected, WAN/LAN analytics & visibility to manage data usage, performance & costs
- Transparent subscription management: Streamline planning & use the cloud to ensure modems & endpoints stay updated to the latest software versions for secure & efficient operations
Why You Should Buy from RCN Technologies
We are a team of creative, technical and intellectual minds that focus on simplifying even the most complex telecom and technical challenges for our partners. Our team has over 35 years of wireless connectivity experience and can provide end-to-end white-glove service and support for our customers.
America’s Business Technology Ally™
At the heart of RCN Technologies is our philosophy to serve as an ally that provides the best technology solutions for today and tomorrow. Our technology ally team cares about equipping businesses with modern solutions that work to help people communicate and connect better.
Our customers know they can #ExpectMore from their business technology ally.
Delivering A Better Experience
RCN was founded in 2013 with a focused mission: Make sense of communications for commercial, public sector, and non-profit organizations. Since then, we’ve grown to become a full-service connectivity solutions provider with a team of experts helping customers stay connected from coast to coast. You can #ExpectMore when working with RCN.
We partner with multiple industry leaders to provide customers with the best connectivity technology solutions, including:
- Managed Services
- Failover (Backup Internet)
- Hardware & Support
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Resources & Support
- IBR900 Spec Sheet
- IBR900 Product Brief
- Product Comparison Chart – COR Series
- NetCloud Mobile Service Plan Features
- Mobile Network Solutions Brochure
- Antenna Ordering and Installation Guide
- Cradlepoint GPIO App Note