The Cradlepoint CBA850 LTE Adapter is a turnkey branch continuity solution for Gigabit-Class LTE failover that integrates seamlessly with existing network and SD-WAN infrastructure. Using secure wireless access, the CBA850 provides the ability to extend management capability to any primary router Out-of-Band without the need for a wired connection. Equipped with Power-over-Ethernet for flexible, unobtrusive placement anywhere to optimize cellular reception, this powerful solution reduces truck rolls, consolidates infrastructure, and maximizes uptime for businesses that require always-on connectivity.
Cradlepoint CBA850 Features & Benefits
Defining the industry standard for reliability in cellular routing, the cloud-managed ARC CBA850 empowers administrators to maximize infrastructure investments with a high-speed, automatic secondary path to access and control the network at remote locations when connectivity is lost or even if the primary router goes down.
- Capable of 1.2 Gbps download speeds / 150 Mbps upload speeds*
- Private LTE/CBRS Capabilities*
- Available Gigabit-Class LTE
- Plug-and-play overlay failover
- Out-of-Band Management
- Power-over-Ethernet placement flexibility
- External antenna options
- Elastic Wideband technology for exceptional cellular connectivity
Best-in-Class Business Continuity
- High-speed 4G LTE for the most demanding applications
- Access primary router CLI Out-of-Band to avoid costly truck rolls
- Maximize revenue and protect your brand from downtime
- Robust analytics to manage performance, data, and usage
- Configure, monitor, and manage remotely
- Create real-time alerts to monitor network availability
Deploy Quickly, Scale, & Lower Installation Costs
- Increase speed to deployment with “zero-touch” configuration
- Integrates easily with existing infrastructure for turnkey networking failover
Secure & Protect
- Virtual Server/Port Forwarding, IPv6
- Designed for PCI 3.0 compliant network architectures
|Carriers Supported||Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, FirstNet (1200M-B) / All North American Carriers** (LP6)|
|Cloud Managed||Yes, with NetCloud Manager|
|LTE Category||CAT18 (1200M-B) / CAT6 (LP6)|
|LTE Details||Available LTE Advanced Pro modem supports up to 1.2 Gbps download & 150 Mbps upload*|
|Material||White Plastic Housing|
|Size||4.8 × 4.8 × 1.7 in (122 × 122 × 42 mm)|
|Operating Temperature||0° C to 50° C (32° F to 122° F)|
|Input Range||12 VDC, POE|
|Support||Phone support: 24-hour weekdays with emergency response on weekends, Web: 24×7, Chat: 24×5|
|Ports||2 LAN 10/100/1000 Ethernet (default one NAT, one IP passthrough), RJ45 serial port for console access or Out-of-Band Management|
|Modem Included||CBA850-1200M-B ships with an MC400-1200M-B Modular Modem (certified on multiple public safety networks), CBA850-LP6 ships with an MC400LP6 Modem|
*Theoretical maximum modem speed on 1200M-B version.
**Cradlepoint modems feature Auto-Carrier Selection. Region and carrier support is modem specific.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Cradlepoint CBA850 Model Options
We offer two distinct models of the Cradlepoint CBA850 that provide unique advantages depending on your needs. Learn more about the details of both options below.
The 1200M-B version of the Cradlepoint CBA850 offers faster overall LTE speeds (it’s capable of 1.2 Gbps download, 150 Mbps upload) than the LP6 version. It also provides private LTE/CBRS capabilities that the LP6 version does not. Note that the 1200M-B model is not carrier-agnostic; it is only compatible with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and FirstNet networks.
The LP6 version of the Cradlepoint CBA850 offers support for all carriers (it is carrier agnostic). Its top speeds are 300 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload.
Cradlepoint NetCloud Essentials for Branch Packages
Quickly deploy, manage, and monitor your network through a single pane of glass with the Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager. Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed locations with NetCloud Manager, the network management component within the Cradlepoint NetCloud Service. Improving productivity, reducing costs, and enhancing the intelligence of your network and business operations is simplified with an ongoing subscription to the NetCloud Service, which continues to deliver benefits and features for your ever-changing network.
All Cradlepoint LTE equipment is sold in all-inclusive NetCloud Essentials Packages for branch networks, which includes NetCloud Essentials software, the LTE Adapter, 24×7 support, and limited lifetime warranty. NetCloud Manager Packages come in 1, 3, and 5-year options (with greater savings on the 3 and 5-year packages) and feature:
- Cloud Configuration
- Visibility / Analytics
- Real-time Diagnostics / Troubleshooting
- Alerts / Reports
- Extensibility / Integration
- Out-of-Band Management / Remote Connect
- Location Services
Other NetCloud Manager Benefits
- Zero-Touch Deployment: Remotely deploy & manage all the devices on your network with no user intervention
- Simplified Management & Orchestration: Monitor device status in real-time, set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G/LTE data usage & network uptime
- Instant Insights: Always connected, WAN/LAN analytics & visibility to manage data usage, performance & costs
- Transparent subscription management: Streamline planning & use the cloud to ensure modems & endpoints stay updated to the latest software versions for secure & efficient operations
Why You Should Buy from RCN Technologies
We are a team of creative, technical and intellectual minds that focus on simplifying even the most complex telecom and technical challenges for our partners. Our team has over 35 years of wireless connectivity experience and can provide end-to-end white-glove service and support for our customers.
America’s Business Technology Ally™
At the heart of RCN Technologies is our philosophy to serve as an ally that provides the best technology solutions for today and tomorrow. Our technology ally team cares about equipping businesses with modern solutions that work to help people communicate and connect better.
Our customers know they can #ExpectMore from their business technology ally.
Delivering A Better Experience
RCN was founded in 2013 with a focused mission: Make sense of communications for commercial, public sector, and non-profit organizations. Since then, we’ve grown to become a full-service connectivity solutions provider with a team of experts helping customers stay connected from coast to coast. You can #ExpectMore when working with RCN.
We partner with multiple industry leaders to provide customers with the best connectivity technology solutions, including:
- Managed Services
- Failover (Backup Internet)
- Hardware & Support
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Resources & Support
- CBA850 Spec Sheet
- Mounting Bracket Installation Guide
- Safety, Regulatory, and Warranty Guide
- CBA850 Product Brief
- NetCloud Branch Adapter Service Plan Features
- Branch Network Solutions brochure