NetCloud Solution Packages for Branch Networks with the AER1600 LTE router are designed for the distributed enterprise to intelligently manage converged wired and wireless connectivity for a highly available “connected experience” at the Edge.
Cradlepoint AER1600 Features & Benefits
Ideal for temporary and micro branch networks, this Advanced Edge Routing solution combines cloud-management, advanced security (UTM), WAN Diversity, industry-leading 4G LTE failover, high-performance WiFi, and dual modem capabilities for deployment versatility when wired lines are too costly or unavailable.
- Dual-band, dual-concurrent WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Dual-modem / multi-carrier support
- WWAN analytics
- Ports: 1 GigE WAN / 4 GigE LAN (switchable)
- Industry-leading 4G failover
- Unified Threat Management
- Software-defined radio (supports multiple carriers)
- Purpose-built for PCI Compliance
Improve QoE & Increase Availability
- Increase availability with seamless 4G failover
- Augment WAN bandwidth: 4G, Ethernet (T1, DSL, Cable, MetroE), WiFi as WAN
- Support cloud optimized IP multimedia communications
- Robust, real-time analytics to manage QoE performance, data usage, and costs
- Dual-modems with multi-carrier support for “Cut-the-Wire” solution
- Add burst bandwidth easily for peak periods
- Integrate with MPLS networks for Hybrid WAN deployments
- Application-aware policies for intelligent WAN selection and data usage optimization
Deploy & Scale Quickly
- Increase speed to deployment with “zero-touch” configuration at installation
- Deploy services for increased security and advanced networking via the cloud
- Integrate easily with enterprise applications using Cradlepoint’s open API
Secure & Protect
- Protect assets with IPS/IDS, stateful firewall, network segmentation, and VLAN support
- Secure data transactions with advanced VPN options
- Integrate Zscaler to inspect “direct to internet” traffic with near-zero latency
- Purpose-built for PCI Compliance
|WiFi||Dual-band, dual-concurrent (2×2 MIMO; internal antennas) 802.11 (a/b/g/n/ac)|
|Carriers Supported||All North American Carriers**|
|Cloud Managed||Yes, with NetCloud Manager|
|LTE Details||Embedded 150 Mbps or modular 1.2 Gbps LTE Advanced Pro modem & DC-HSPA+ fallback|
|GPS/GNSS||Yes, with active antenna|
|Material||Black Plastic Housing|
|Size||8.3 × 6.6 × 1.7 in (210 × 167 × 44 mm); 1U height for rack mount|
|Weight||1 lb 4.4 oz (.58 kg)|
|Operating Temperature||0° C to 50° C (32° F to 122° F)|
|Input Range||12 VAC|
|Support||Phone support: 24-hour weekdays with emergency response on weekends, Web: 24×7, Chat: 24×5|
|Ports||5 LAN/WAN switchable 10/100/1000|
|Modem Included||Ships with an MC400LP6 Modem|
|Dual-Modem Capable||Yes, field-upgradable MC400 modem slot|
**Cradlepoint modems feature Auto-Carrier Selection. Region and carrier support is modem specific.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Cradlepoint AER1600 Model Options
We offer one model of the Cradlepoint AER1600 that provides unique advantages depending on your needs (and it offers a field-upgradeable MC400 second modem slot for Dual-Modem operations). Learn more about the details of this option below.
The 1600-LP6 version of the Cradlepoint AER1600 offers support for all carriers (it is carrier agnostic). Its top speeds are 300 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload. It also supports WiFi capabilities with Dual-band, dual-concurrent (2×2 MIMO; internal antennas) 802.11 (a/b/g/n/ac).
Cradlepoint NetCloud Essentials for Branch Packages
Quickly deploy, manage, and monitor your network through a single pane of glass with the Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager. Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed locations with NetCloud Manager, the network management component within the Cradlepoint NetCloud Service. Improving productivity, reducing costs, and enhancing the intelligence of your network and business operations is simplified with an ongoing subscription to the NetCloud Service, which continues to deliver benefits and features for your ever-changing network.
All Cradlepoint LTE equipment is sold in all-inclusive NetCloud Essentials Packages for branch networks, which includes NetCloud Essentials software, the LTE Router, 24×7 support, and limited lifetime warranty. NetCloud Manager Packages come in 1, 3, and 5-year options (with greater savings on the 3 and 5-year packages) and feature:
- Cloud Configuration
- Visibility / Analytics
- Real-time Diagnostics / Troubleshooting
- Alerts / Reports
- Extensibility / Integration
- Out-of-Band Management / Remote Connect
- Location Services
Other NetCloud Manager Benefits
- Zero-Touch Deployment: Remotely deploy & manage all the devices on your network with no user intervention
- Simplified Management & Orchestration: Monitor device status in real-time, set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G/LTE data usage & network uptime
- Instant Insights: Always connected, WAN/LAN analytics & visibility to manage data usage, performance & costs
- Transparent subscription management: Streamline planning & use the cloud to ensure modems & endpoints stay updated to the latest software versions for secure & efficient operations
Why You Should Buy from RCN Technologies
We are a team of creative, technical and intellectual minds that focus on simplifying even the most complex telecom and technical challenges for our partners. Our team has over 35 years of wireless connectivity experience and can provide end-to-end white-glove service and support for our customers.
America’s Business Technology Ally™
At the heart of RCN Technologies is our philosophy to serve as an ally that provides the best technology solutions for today and tomorrow. Our technology ally team cares about equipping businesses with modern solutions that work to help people communicate and connect better.
Our customers know they can #ExpectMore from their business technology ally.
Delivering A Better Experience
RCN was founded in 2013 with a focused mission: Make sense of communications for commercial, public sector, and non-profit organizations. Since then, we’ve grown to become a full-service connectivity solutions provider with a team of experts helping customers stay connected from coast to coast. You can #ExpectMore when working with RCN.
We partner with multiple industry leaders to provide customers with the best connectivity technology solutions, including:
- Managed Services
- Failover (Backup Internet)
- Hardware & Support
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Resources & Support
- AER1600 Spec Sheet
- AER1600 Product Brief
- Antenna Ordering and Installation Guide
- NetCloud Branch Routing Service Plan Features
- Branch Network Solutions brochure