New 5G ready E300 Series combines services and performance for a powerful combination in a portable, compact form factor.
New E300 Series LTE Router Boasts Cutting-Edge Speed, 5G-Ready Features, NetCloud Software, and Advanced Security for Pop-Up Clinics and At-Home, Election, and Emergency Response Networks
BOISE, ID. — Cradlepoint, the global leader in enterprise-grade, cloud-delivered LTE and 5G wireless network edge solutions, today announced its most advanced wireless networking device—the next-generation, 5G-ready E300 edge router for Wireless WAN applications.
The Cradlepoint E300 Series Enterprise Router supports the increased performance and advanced LTE, Wi-Fi, security, and management requirements of high-traffic pop-up sites, including quarantine centers, small clinics, and treatment facilities constructed in response to COVID-19. Additionally, the new E300 Series is ideal for distributed voting sites, as well as the Wireless WAN connectivity for enterprise branch sites. With VPN support, Wi-FI 6, and integrated switching, the E300 combines services, performance, and options for future technology integrations for a powerful combination in a portable, compact form factor.
RCN Technologies is the leading North American distributor for Cradlepoint and a National Elite Partner. We have helped organizations in all 50 states to be better connected, and are one of the most experienced providers of LTE and 5G engineered rapid deployment and pop-up solutions. Ask us how we can help you with your wireless enterprise needs:
The E300 makes it easy to accelerate business and needed operations by connecting to the Internet and critical applications from anywhere. The E300 Series Router provides industry-leading Gigabit-Class LTE connectivity as a primary or failover connection combined with a wired link.
“We are thankful that our wireless network solutions are playing a role in a wide range of COVID-19 emergency pop-up sites for healthcare, public safety, and other frontline responder use cases,” said Todd Krautkremer, Chief Marketing Officer at Cradlepoint. “As the response moves from testing to treatment, more powerful pop-up and remote access networks will be required to support higher-traffic volumes, patient internet access, enterprise-class security, and nonstop availability. The new E300 Series, part of our NetCloud Service, is ideally suited to address these heightened requirements with the rapid, zero-touch deployment and centralized management that IT teams need today.”
Designed for fixed branches or pop-up, temporary locations requiring flexible connectivity, reliable performance, and simplified management, Cradlepoint’s E300 is an all-in-one, compact endpoint and includes full-featured routing, security, and Wi-Fi without needing extra hardware or complicated configurations.
The Cradlepoint E300 delivers unprecedented performance for simplified connectivity and it can be deployed to any location where security and high-performance is crucial. The new device is best-suited for a range of temporary networking scenarios, from mobile command and control centers to field hospitals and treatment centers.
The E300 series is also ideal for pop-up retail and hospitality locations, LTE backup internet and failover, and small branches who plan to “cut the wire”.
NetCloud Service Advantage
Cradlepoint NetCloud Service for Branch with the new E300 router is ideally suited to connect temporary healthcare pop-up locations to the Internet and other critical applications. It meets the stringent requirements of healthcare and public safety agencies while enabling rapid deployment and high performance, including for those requiring larger footprints. The NetCloud Service enables IT managers to retain control and policies of each NetCloud device in the field without the need for physical on-site updates.
The new E300 series is fully provisioned, controlled, and managed using the aforementioned industry-leading Cradlepoint NetCloud Service. NetCloud Enterprise Branch allows users to rapidly deploy and dynamically manage Wireless WAN networks at geographically distributed locations. Users can access NetCloud’s visibility and control capabilities to define and distribute global policies for advanced routing, traffic control, and security. It also provides intuitive insights by leveraging business intelligence as well as health and status alerts on security posture, network conditions, and carrier usage.
The E300 Series utilizes the latest system-on-chip technology to deliver exceptional price/performance for advanced Wi-Fi, internet security, and SD-WAN functionality over Gigabit-Class wired and cellular broadband networks. The E300 Series can also support dual Gigabit-Class LTE modems and is 5G Ready so that it can act as a controller for Cradlepoint’s 5G Wideband Adapter, announced in February.
For healthcare, public safety, education, and other organizations at the center of the COVID-19 crisis, providing an emergency network response for frontline workers is job one. The E300 Series is ideally suited for rapidly deployable and secure pop-up networks that support high-traffic environments, such as:
- Large footprint pop-up sites: As the healthcare response moves from testing to treatment, larger footprint pop-up sites such as tents, convention centers, and other temporary spaces are required. These sites house many healthcare works and connected equipment; require patient Wi-Fi access for virtual family visits; and have greater availability, security, and compliance requirements. Similarly, in response to the pandemic, more polling sites will be required to facilitate social distancing and require nonstop availability and advanced network security for remote access of poll books.
- Telehealth: Many healthcare organizations are turning to telehealth to tap into retired doctors and those from other hospitals less impacted by the coronavirus surge. These remote doctors need reliable and secure at-home and remote office connectivity that isolates them from other local networks and provides ample cellular bandwidth to support video and large files, such as chest X-rays.
- Mission-critical work from home: Many municipal workers and executives are required to work from home and need mission-critical connectivity that isolates work traffic from at-home networks and supports enterprise security requirements, such as VPN, firewall, and IDS/IPS.
To meet the needs of these critical use cases, the NetCloud-powered E300 Series supports Gigabit-Class LTE to ensure the fastest possible cellular connection; dual LTE modems with wireless SD-WAN functionality for link redundancy and traffic load balancing; and unified edge security with VPN, firewall, IPS/IDS and internet content filtering.
The E300 router extends Cradlepoint’s reputation as the world’s best enterprise wireless networking hardware and software provider.
The Cradlepoint NetCloud Service for Enterprise Branch with the new E300 Series Router is available today, with pricing starting at $899 for a one-year subscription. To support the current COVID-19 emergency network response, Cradlepoint ships directly to the customer’s end location within 24 hours; each router is preregistered within NetCloud Manager and with a cellular SIM included for instant activation and installation upon arrival. For more details on the technical capabilities, please visit the product page for the Cradlepoint E300.
For more information on RCN Technologies’ COVID-19 emergency network use cases, and to learn how your organization can take advantage of secure and rapidly deployable pop-up and work-from-home networks today, please visit https://rcntechnologies.com/remote-solutions.
Cradlepoint is a global leader in cloud-delivered LTE and 5G wireless network edge solutions for branch, mobile, and IoT networks. Our Elastic Edge vision becomes a reality in NetCloud, a subscription-based service with purpose-built endpoints that delivers a pervasive, secure, and software-defined Wireless WAN edge to connect people, places, and things over LTE and 5G cellular networks. More than 20,000 enterprise and government organizations around the world — including 75 percent of the world’s top retailers, 50 percent of the Fortune 100, and first responder agencies in 25 of the largest US cities — rely on Cradlepoint to keep critical branches, points of commerce, field forces, vehicles, and IoT devices always connected and protected. Major service providers use Cradlepoint solutions as the foundation for innovative managed services. Founded in 2006, Cradlepoint is a privately held company headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with a development center in Silicon Valley and international offices in the UK and Australia.
Key E300 Series Benefits
- Highest performance device in Cradlepoint’s branch portfolio
- Open temporary locations without compromising security or reliability
- Gain fast day-1 connectivity with integrated Cat 4 or Gigabit-Class Cat 18 LTE Modem
- All-in-one endpoint comprising Ethernet, SFP, VPN, dynamic routing, integrated switching and WiFi 6
- Terminate a broadband link with LTE as failover for reliable hybrid connectivity
- Integrate into your existing network with standards-based dynamic routing and VPN tunnel support
- Add a second cellular modem for dual LTE connectivity
- 5G Ready and able to act as controller for Cradlepoint 5G Wideband Adapters
- 4/9/2020: New Cradlepoint Solution Addresses Need for Connectivity at Temporary Healthcare Locations
- 4/9/2020: Cradlepoint Delivers Next-Generation Wireless Edge Router Ideally Suited for Secure, Rapidly Deployable Pop-Up Networks
- Cradlepoint E300 Product Page
- E300 Series Product Data Sheet
- E300 Series Product Brief
- Cradlepoint E300-C4D Pop-up Branch Reference Architecture
- Cradlepoint E300-C18D Fixed Branch Reference Architecture