What's it like to work for RCN?
Have you ever visited somewhere and thought that this place is so awesome that you just don’t want to leave? Working at RCN Technologies is kind of like that! Don’t get us wrong, our day to day can be challenging, but we like to think that our team is what makes it all worth it. We believe that work is about being surrounded by people who simply make life a little more enjoyable— while getting some serious things accomplished.
RCN is currently seeking a qualified Business Development Representative for our Knoxville location.
Business Development Representative
Are you a smart, driven and curious person who love talking to people? If you answered “Yes”, we want to meet you. Our tribe is a fun and bold, yet very professional team. That is what makes us the most exciting startup to work for in Knoxville. At our core, RCN Technologies delivers technology services and hardware to customers around the world. But we believe in more than just technology. We believe in providing answers to our customers’ needs. We call it Human Technology, and we’d love to teach you what it’s all about.
At RCN, we are incredibly proud of the work we’ve accomplished in our first 6 years. It’s our belief, though, that we’ve only scratched the surface of Team RCN’s potential. As a Business Development Representative, you will join our growing sales team, introducing our incredible company to new customers and partners both big and small and across the country and beyond. You will play an integral role in working with our sales and marketing teams to cultivate leads, build relationships, and help us achieve our revenue goals.
What you bring to the table:
- Recent College Graduate
- Positive attitude, great work ethic and highly self-motivated
- Experience working with people
- No fear. The ability to communicate, influence and motivate are an absolute must
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative approach to uncovering new partners and customers
- You must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced sales environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Unquestionable Integrity
- The ability to follow and continuously look for ways to improve processes
- The ability to collaborate and work well with others
- The ability to self-reflect and identify areas for self-improvement
- Energy – and lots of it
- Grit – you either have it or you don’t
- Unparalleled work ethic
- The ability to take and learn from constructive feedback
- Competitive but not arrogant
- The desire to grow your career in technology sales and service
- The desire to be the absolute best that you can be
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software
- Knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce or Zoho
If you’re looking for a role to learn and lay the foundation for a successful career in the technology space, then read on. You might be a great fit.
In this role your activities may include:
- Educating new partners and customers about RCN Technologies and our value proposition
- Conducting outreach calls to target new prospective customers and partners
- Documenting ALL activities in our CRM
- Representing RCN Technologies at company events
- Identifying key trends in targeted accounts and partners
- Constantly looking for ways to reach more people
Perks at RCN Technologies
- The rare opportunity to change and disrupt an industry by helping us show our partners and customers why they can Expect More from a technology provider
- Friendly and casual work environment with a relaxed smart-casual dress code
- Monday through Friday business hours. No weekends
- Company sponsored lunches
- Brand-new and purpose-built office in downtown Knoxville
- Company sponsored health care plan